Great to visit this site and see the changing faces, the continued growth and familiar faces from days past. This company was the best place to finish up being a volunteer firefighter. Wishing you all only the best and be safe in your endeavors. House 3 was always the best.
Signed on May 03, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Toms River NJ
My son and daughter in law live in Abington. Constant Friendship. They have a " common area" behind tgeir home and ppl throw all old trees and shrubs back there. Do you ever do a controlled burn for testing and training purposes in areas like this? It looks awful and there is really nothing they can do on their own .
Thank you for any info you can send my way on this matter.
Signed on April 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM
I want to thank McKenny and Boyce for rescuing me from what would've been another night of alarm chirping. Sleeping with a finger over one ear and a pillow over the other just was not cutting it. Even the representative from Home Depot said it might be my carbon monoxide detector. But oh no, you can't tell a female homeowner that's she's wrong -- yet again!!
I called the Abingdon Fire Department and Boyce was very diligent in finding a resolution to my dilemma. Since he could not convince me it could be my carbon monoxide detector, Boyce incorporated the help of McKenny and gwala!! Who needs Ghostbusters? They came over -- w/o the proton pack on their backs I might add -- and discovered it was the carbon monoxide detector after all. And they were very thorough in confirming that and explaining the different phases of each detector and what I should look for.
Again, thank you guys so much for helping me. The Abingdon Fire Department is truly another reason why I love living in Abingdon.
God bless and be safe.
Signed on November 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Thank you for your service and hard work. Also, thank you for having Santa drive through our neighborhood tonight, the look on my one year olds face was priceless! Happy Holidays :)
Signed on April 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Thank you for you hard work and dedication. You are appreciated.
Signed on November 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I would like to commend the fire company on a quick response to a very frightening situation. On the eve of Thanksgiving our neighbors car caught fire while parked in front of our house. The rapid response and skill of the firefighters saved us from a potentially disatrous result. Kudos to all responders and my heartfelt admiration for continuing to provide such a valuable service.
Signed on June 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM
William Rehbein Jr.
Emt-C / RCP
Cranston RI- Orginally from Anne Arundel County MD
You have some very nice apparatus especially the heavy rescue!! Any chance of obtaining a company patch for my collection. Thank You, email@example.com